name

The Latest and Greatest

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dear Valentine

This is about the girl that flirted with me in my Seventh grade math class before I knew what flirting was.

This is about how my wish for the seating chart to be nice to me
came true at the end of second term.
This is about how my Times Table's were fun when
 she and I
raced to see who could finish first.

This is about how she once teased me and told me to shut up
 and I was silent for years.

This is about the moments I felt her looking at me in the crowded halls.


This is about the day in Eighth grade that you ignored
my "Hello" with your name attached
to it even though it was
just you and
I
in the hall way.

It took two weeks and the right moment to just be given
the silent treatment.

This is about how she was in my Geometry class with Miss Hunt
and how I talked to her twice
and as I recall it was she
that asked about the homework that was due.




This is about World Geography in Ninth grade in
Mr. Myers class and
that I disliked how he let us choose ours seats for
 I knew that we would never consciously
 sit together.

This is about how Austin Garrett told me
that I was lucky to have Tyler
as my study buddy because she was so pretty

But, all I was thinking was how he
could so easily talk to her
and how I was a
Good Luck Charm
 that had broken back in Seventh grade.



This is about how I could only ask for her best friend
to sign my yearbook at the end of Ninth grade.
This is about me being worried that
you weren't going to the same high school
 as I was.

This is about how I
got to be known around the school
just by chance you would take note of me again.

This is about how I would set out to talk to you
 but would somehow ended up in the library.

This is about the time in the commons that
I was looking for you and I spaced out.
When I came to, I realized that we had been staring at
each other for at least a minute.


This is about Junior year and me trying to forget you.

This is about Senior year and how the
memories started to lose their sting.





5 comments:

  1. you ignored
    my "Hello" with your name attached
    to it even though it was
    just you and
    I
    in the hall way.

    This is about how I
    got to be known around the school
    just by chance you would take note of me again.

    I could probably keep going with writing these lines, but wow. I loved this post. Literally reminded me of my life to a T.

    $tolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is how I would set out to talk to you but somehow ended up in the library"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This is about how she once teased me and told me to shut up
    and I was silent for years."

    k sick line

    ReplyDelete