name

The Latest and Greatest

Monday, February 24, 2014

Talent Killers

I am waiting for someone to tell me I write like shit.

Once they do I will be able to stop writing. I could give up on writing like I have on other things. Yet now I only want to stop something if a person that I know, who knows what they are talking about, tells me I am bad. Normally the person to get me to stop doing something is myself. I went to an intervention with another kid called FeathersOnFish(myself). There we talked a lot, laughed a little, cried till the salty tears made our cheeks raw, and thought up some good ways to change.

I thought up this...
                                "People's own opinions kill their talents."   

I know that this is truth because I have so many friends that  tell me that they aren't good at something so they have stopped. Did somebody tell you that you are bad at it? If so, do you trust their opinion? If you trust them, then you have all the right to stop what you are doing. 

If it is just you that has a horrible opinion of yourself then you have no right to stop. I want you to be like my tone deaf little brother. No matter how many times my family tells that boy that he cannot sing he sings anyway. 

I am tired of talent wasters telling me that they wish they could do it like someone else. Those people that you are wishing to be like think highly of themselves. If you want to be a better you, have a great self image. Try enjoying what you are wishing to be better at. 

If you tell me I write like shit I have no reason to believe you because I don't know you.

5 comments:

  1. There we talked a lot, laughed a little, cried till the salty tears made our cheeks raw, and thought up some good ways to change.
    um I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont stop writing you are really good and you have tought me a ton and i think this one is about me and even if it isnt im gana take it that it was thanks again feathers for eveything you have helped me with i love you and am so greatful you are in my life. i wont give up now even if i dont have insperation :) thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This motivated me to keep writing. So thank you.(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You? Needing motivation? I love your writing/blog.

      Delete
  4. "No matter how many times my family tells that boy that he cannot sing he sings anyway."
    Please never stop. There are too many stoppers in the world for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete