name

The Latest and Greatest

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Let Go & Don't Know

If I gave this my all it would rip me apart.
Using the anonymity of this blog, for me, would be like trying rip out an over grown wisdom tooth.
What if I slip and let go of one of my secrets?
That I have been holding for 8 years.
I would have an Identity Crisis. 
For if I let go I wouldn't know what to be in a world where your future does matter.
I cling the things I wish didn't make up me. 
Why is writing this down making me shake?
Like when I sing in front too many people?
Have I already shared too much with people that don't truly know me?
I need more statements.  Love scares me. I love to climb trees. 
Why do I hide from my family when I enjoy their company?
Maybe it is because we fight too much.
How have I hidden here in plain view?
I am too empathic.
 

2 comments:

  1. I really love the honesty in that we all feel this way to some degree, and you are very bold about saying so. Because I cling to those kinds of things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are meant for memories and remembering the good times.

    But have you ever thought how pictures can haunt?

    The Pictures That Haunt

    Pictures of the past cover my walls
    Each one telling a different story
    Each one showing a different place, different people, different memories
    But they all haunt me
    I always go back to that time
    I go back to the time where I can never return
    That time is gone and will never come back
    Yet these pictures haunt me
    They speak to me in soft quiet wispers
    They remind me of only the dark times
    There is no light in these pictures
    They each tell a story of the dark
    The pain, the tears, and the fear surround me.
    Fear of before coming back once again
    They haunt of what will be because of what was
    They cover my walls
    They lure me into darkness
    They are my best friend when I see them as enemies
    These are the pictures that haunt me

    ReplyDelete