name

The Latest and Greatest

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Set of Bones

January 16, 2014

    The moment I found out I got into this class I flew.  I hadn't got that high off the ground, but there was a reason for that. Last February I found a set of bones for a good pair of wings. I had no clue before that day that I could use words to write. The more I write the more feathers I gather. I only have enough to feathers on my set of bones to achieve low flight. This is my goal for Paris but I will think of my Paris as a set of light bones to be filled with light words of encouragement, strive, and a sore right hand.  This Feather will fit nicely.















May 1, 2014
    I would love to say that I have enough feathers to fly high enough to finally see my Paris. I will say that I have gotten many new and elegant feathers.  I have gotten some dark and heavy feathers that have had a negative impact on my goal. I want to just pluck the feathers that don't please me but I cannot do that for they are placed and cannot be unwritten.

    I have always thought that wings would make me free but lately I have been struggling to get off the ground. Paris seem too far away to ever see now. I know in order to met up with Paris I will have to walk again on my feet until I have the strength to hold up these wings. I know that when I do take my next flight I will have the endurance to stay in the air. Touching whom I can with my feathers.

    I hope it gets to the point in my life that the bones of my wings will not have enough room for more feathers. This will make it so that the old feathers will have to be shed. When these feathers made of  words fall I hope they fall in to the hands of little a kid so they will be inspired to write.

                                     Joshua Salmond (Feathers On Fish)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool concept. The feathers.

    "Paris seems too far away"

    "I hope they fall into the hands of a little kid..."

    I liked the contrast between the two entries. And the fact that you put two different dates in the first place. Also, the drawing is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have always thought that wings would make me free but lately I have been struggling to get off the ground." I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know your feathers have reached me. A blog has always lived in the back of my mind, but I doubt it would have made it into the world if you hadn't flown by. Please. Never stop writing.

    ReplyDelete