name

The Latest and Greatest

Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Things Are Stupid


I would say that this is a bold statement if I was talking about everything. I am not. I am talking about random things. A new journal is stupid. Same with a sketch book, and a box of crayons.
  New things only have the potential to look like they were used well. I used to think that the newer the better but I know that I was wrong. I save things. The best origami paper that was foiled and was shiny. I wouldn't use them until I was great at folding. I still haven't used them. Crayons that are new are something different now with my new out look. I want them to make something good I want them to earn a story with me. I want my crayons to have the colors of others crayons on them. I want them to be in a bag to rub off on each other. 
 Old things are cool. They have stories hidden in their flaws. I want my journal to have many flaws. I want to have it with me everywhere so it will get the scent of all the places I will go. I want it to get water damage from the moister in the air at Niagara Falls and to have sand in it from the beaches of California.

2 comments:

  1. "I want it to get water damage from the moister in the air at Niagara Falls and to have sand in it from the beaches of California". I seriously loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "old things are cool. They have stories hidden in their flaws" OMG so amazing I love this line.. well two lines, they are so well written. nothing in the world can't have flaws. Everything has some flaw, for example. earths flaw is humans.

    ReplyDelete